Our qualified advisers are able to provide the specialist advice required to the elderly or their relatives on the funding of their care.

All our advisers are highly experienced and empathise with the dilemmas facing those needing to fund for care.

Our aim is to give you peace of mind

Many families contact us because they, or a relative, are

They will have to pay for their own care because their assets/income are greater than the limit set for local authority funding.

Funding for care, and how best to fund the care fees is a complex area.  Understanding the different ways, and the different financial products which are specifically designed to enable care fee costs to be met requires specialist knowledge.

Knowing your care fees will be paid for as long as they are needed is vital, and provides peace of mind for both the person in care and their relatives.

Once the cost of care is known, you need to work out how to finance the shortfall – this is where we come in.

Knowing how much is required, we can now discuss how this is to be provided. You may need to consider using your home to raise capital or generate income. Selling your home means it is one less thing to worry about and raises capital, which can either be invested to provide income or used to purchase a care fees payment annuity.

Others may consider renting the property – generating income but this needs management and maintenance.

If you are receiving care at home, an equity release may be considered, either for a lump sum or to be paid in stages.

Everyone’s circumstances are different, which is why specialist advice is required to ensure the right route is chosen – our specialist advisers are waiting to help you.

The next step is to call us on 01376 564660.

Equity release will reduce the value of your estate and can affect your eligibility for means tested benefits.

Paying for care

Some points to note

Scroll to Top